Sunday, July 29, 2012

11 tools - tool 10

The digital citizenship of my students is different than those of the typical classroom student. Most of my students will be supervised and assisted in most of their digital interactions. However, I do believe my student population must learn about personal protection and safety and appropriate content access. My students need to know that there are guidelines for communicating with others. They need to understand they are not to give out personal information and they need to let an adult know if any inappropriate communication is made. Students need to be aware that even sites that are cool and fun may not be appropriate for the school setting.

I will most likely teach digital citizenship systematically and through ABA techniques. I will provided guided instruction on how to access any tools or sites we use in our class. I will make work systems that guide students through the activities and expectations of computer/ipad/etc use.


No comments:

Post a Comment